If you’re looking for hip replacement surgery in dwarka, then look for the best hip replacement surgeon in dwarka at Ayushman Hospital and Health Services. We also offer the best her cheapest hip replacement in dwarka. Read this article to know more about hip replacement surgery.
Hip Joint Replacements are easily one of the most successful procedures available to patients today. Hundreds of thousands Indians will undergo a hip replacement every year. The most common reasons for you needing a hip replacement are arthritis (either Osteoarthritis from general “wear and tear” or chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis) or a sudden injury to the hip that triggers arthritis or causes damage to the bones. We encourage patients to try some medication, injections or physical therapy before going in for surgery,” say our orthopaedic doctors. People over the age of 50 can greatly benefit from the total joint replacement if their hip pain is limiting their day to day activities (such as basic walking), if the pain continues after resting or during night, and if non-surgical options aren’t bringing relief.
YOUR HIP’S ANATOMY
The hip is basically a ball and joint; the top of the leg (femur) has a ball on top and fits into a cup of the pelvis and ligaments function to hold these pieces together. Cartilage provides cushioning, while Synovia tissue secretes liquid to lubricate movement. The joint, along with the knees, are responsible for bearing almost all of the body’s weight during walking, running, standing and lifting. So, it’s no surprise that these are the most likely joints to wear out and need replacement.
TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY
During the surgery, your Orthopedic Specialist will:
- Disconnect the leg from the pelvis
- Remove the top of the femur and drill a hole in the bone.
- Insert a metal stem with a ball on the end. This can be cemented, although new materials will allow the bone to grow into the stem without cement.
- Clean out the cup area of the hip.
- Insert a metal shell with a plastic or ceramic cup for smooth movement.
- Fit the leg and pelvis back together.
AFTER YOUR SURGERY
Your Orthopedic team will have you up, walking and taking a few stairs within 24 hours of your surgery. Your hospital stay is generally 1 or 2 nights.
Pain management will help you recover with minimal distraction.
Physical therapists will start you with a walker, then a cane and finally walking on your own.
In a few weeks you can return to walks and driving . A bit longer and you can be back to activities you participated in before hip joint replacement, such as biking, dancing, golf and swimming.
THINGS TO KNOW
- With the materials available today and normal wear, you can expect our hip to last 15-20 years.
- You may feel some numbness around your incision.
- At first, it may feel difficult to bend.
- Both of the above issues will decrease over time