Ayushman Preventive Health Check
The doctors and staff at Ayushman hospitals are pleased that you are considering us for your Preventive Health Check. We would like to take the time to briefly discuss the process of undergoing Ayushman Preventive Health Check.
Why do you need a health check?
The global burden for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) such as Cardiovascular diseases, Diabetes, Cancer, Hypertension etc has risen at a rapid pace and currently, over 38 million people worldwide have lost their lives to them annually. India alone, unfortunately, accounts for 17% of these deaths related to NCDs.
People living in urban areas are more exposed to NCDs but most of these diseases are preventable if detected in their early stages of development and /or are easily manageable if not curable in some cases.
Health checks help you find out if you are suffering from a particular disease or condition even if you feel perfectly well, without any symptoms. Timely detection and the right management can result in better outcomes and lower risk of serious complications.
What should a health check do for you?
An ideal health check should be a comprehensive screening program that is tailor-made to suit the needs of an individual and should not be just a standard set of blood tests. It should involve detailed physical examinations and consultation by experienced physicians for health issues that the individual could be prone to due to his/her personal medical and family history or lifestyle. Cutting edge technology together with clinical expertise provides accurate and reliable diagnostic results. A truly advanced and up-to-date health check must include a personalised care continuum plan that extends care beyond the health check. This is what guarantees peerless and personalised protection.
The Ayushman Health Check Advantage
- Experience of executing a large number of health checks, with unparalleled expertise in preventive health care.
- The convenience of all tests being available under one roof.
- An army of over 8000 expert specialist consultants to guide you regarding the next steps after your check.
- Optional genetic testing facility available.
- Continuum of care at its best.
What to expect
- An experienced physician will meet you and get a thorough understanding of your current medical status, medical history, family history, lifestyle, environmental and socio-economic conditions, occupation etc.
- These will form the basis to identify all the necessary tests/consultations which are most appropriate for you.
- These tests and consults will be added to a carefully chosen baseline profile of tests and consultations, forming a customised health plan to enable an in-depth evaluation of your health status and will together form the most comprehensive screening plan for your needs.
- This will be followed by a consultation with a senior physician along with a complete report of your test results.
- You will also get a lifestyle assessment including dietary and adult vaccination counselling.
Appointment and Registration
- Once you have decided to undertake the Health Check, you can book an appointment either online at www.ayushmanhhs.in or call us at 91-11-4949 5555. You can also send an email to email@example.com and fill in your medical history. This would help your Physician to serve you better and would also save time.
- Once you reach the hospital, if you haven’t registered online with us already, we request you to register yourself at the Registration counter. In case you have registered online, please collect your file at any of our registration counters.
Instructions for undergoing the Health Check
- Kindly have your last meal at least 8-10 hours before you come for the check and report on an empty stomach. You may drink water which may allow your bladder to fill so that we can perform the ultrasound of the lower abdomen. No other fluid is permitted (tea/coffee or juice).
- You can collect the urine and stool sample container from Ayushman Hospital and bring the first samples of the day along when you come for a health check or book our sample collection at home facility for nearby areas.
- Just to make sure we know your medical history completely, kindly carry your old medical records if you have any. If you are on regular medication carry those along with you & inform your Physician about the same.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and slippers as you may undergo various tests.If the package has a TMT, please wear a pair of running shoes or sneakers.
- Pregnant women or those suspecting pregnancy are advised not to undergo any X-Ray test. It is also advisable not to undergo any health check during your menstrual cycle.
The Health Check Process
- The registrations for the Heath Checks are done upto 10:30am. You are required to report at a fasting state (8hrs-10hrs of overnight fasting). Please do not take any beverages except water. Do make sure you wear comfortable clothing.
- A complete medical history and examination will then be performed by our medical officers and physicians, the outcome of which will result in a Personalized Health Check, made just for you.
- After billing, you will undergo a set of laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- The entire process will last between 3-5 hours and might take longer if there are any additional tests that might be required to customize your Health Check.
- Review and Counselling
- Following your tests, you will be asked to consult with one of our experienced Consultants for a detailed review of your Health Check reports.
- You will also be offered lifestyle, nutrition and vaccination counselling.
- Subsequent Visits
- It is imperative that you reassess your health status at regular intervals, the regularity being governed by the presence/absence of disorders/diseases and illnesses. Your return visit will mostly focus on pre-existing diseases and illnesses, if any, or a general health assessment.
Tests in Ayushman Health Checkup
- Haematology Profile
- Diabetic Profile
- Cardiac Profile
- Renal Profile
- Liver Profile
- X-ray Chest
- Ultrasound abdomen
- Clinical examination, medical summary and advice by a consultant physician
- Surgical examination for men
- Gynaecology examination for women
- Diet and lifestyle counselling
- Adult vaccination [Vaccination is not only beneficial for children, but adults can also benefit from the vaccines. For example, vaccines for adults are now available for diseases like cervical cancer, which is the most common cancer in India, Hepatitis B and common Flu. You are advised on vaccination by our specialists based on your age, gender, existing disease condition, family history like cervical cancer